Welcome to Bowling Green Middle School
Ohio AIR Assessment Update
This spring, students in the state of Ohio will take the Next Generation Assessments, produced by the American Institutes for Research (AIR). At Bowling Green Middle School, students will begin testing the week of April 5th. Testing sessions will take place in the morning and will conclude before lunch. Students who miss any tests will be scheduled for a make-up session. Please refer to the following information regarding the testing dates at Bowling Green Middle School:
Ohio’s State Tests for Students in Grades 6-8
April 5 – English Language Arts Session #1
April 6 – English Language Arts Session #2
April 26 – Mathematics Session #1
April 27 – Mathematics Session #2
May 3 – Science – 8th grade only
May 4 – Social Studies – 6th grade only
These are extremely important tests, as the data tells us how well our students are growing in the knowledge and skills outlined in Ohio’s Learning Standards. These tests help guide and strengthen future teaching so we can be sure that we are preparing our students for long-term success in school, college, careers and life. The data is also used to determine both the district’s and school’s grade on the state report card. In order to help your child be successful on this year’s assessments, please see the following tips:
- Appointments: Please make every effort to schedule appointments around the testing schedule.
- Attendance: If your child is going to be absent for any reason on testing day, please call the school office as soon as you know. We ask that you do your best to make sure your child is in attendance for his/her scheduled testing. Please also assist us with ensuring that students arrive to school on time.
- Breakfast: Please make sure your child eats a healthy breakfast on the day that they test.
- Rest: Please make sure your child gets a full night of sleep the night before they take the AIR test.
- Materials: We strongly encourage your child to bring in headphones to use during the tests as well as a book to read after testing.
With your support and encouragement, we are confident that your child is prepared to show what he or she knows, and will be successful on the AIR assessments. We wish our students the best of luck as they show what they know! Thank you for your continued support.
Eric Radabaugh, Principal
Students are put into teams which creates smaller learning communities for students. Teachers meet daily to discuss instructional plans for students in their team. Teams communicate with students using Edmodo, Google Apps, and a Team Google Doc containing announcements, teacher contact info and homework information for students and parents.
Team Discovery - 6th
Team Pioneer - 6th
Team Odyssey - 7th
Team Apollo - 7th
Team Endeavor - 8th
Team Phoenix - 8th
Keep Bowling Green Schools safe!
Call or text the statewide hotline @ 844-SAFEROH (844-723-3764) to anonymously report potential bullying issues, suicides, school shootings or other problems.